Friday, August 03, 2007

Clarity of mind

I helped a business in Poulsbo move after work on Wednesday and this moving took four hours and the job still wasn't done at the end of those four hours and I became quite tired because I am a paper pushing, mouse clicking civil engineer who doesn't generally visit the field even once a week.

I returned to my home after I was all through and cleaned myself off and climbed into my twin-sized bed and fell asleep after a while. Then, after a while longer, I woke up again and then after some more time had gone by, I thought to myself, "my body is quite tired, but my head is quite clear. My head was not clear like this before talking to worship pastor Patso on Tuesday." Then I remembered how the NIV reads in 1 Peter 4:8.

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

So we now know about one of the things that can be done with a clear mind.

Of course we can think of things to do to acquire or maintain a clear mind like:
  1. Confessing our sins
  2. Not becoming drunk
  3. Eating our breakfasts
  4. Sleeping when we're supposed to so that we can be awake when we're supposed to
  5. Many, many other things which you may choose to type about in the comment field
1 Peter 4:7 indicates that doing these little things can help us to deal with the end times.

No comments: