Friday, June 01, 2007

I am not completely helpless

I am taking a little break from blogging about spiritual things. I may never cease to be amazed (from time to time) at how much aggravation there is to be had inside of Jesus' church, just among those who are committed to the one mission. I must remember what Pastor Dale Swanson once said, which was to the effect of, "If you knew that tomorrow morning, one of your Christian brothers or sisters was going to be found dead, hanging on a streetlight downtown, you wouldn't care which church you went to. You wouldn't care if they spoke in tongues or not, you wouldn't care if they baptized their babies... you would just be glad to be with a brother who loved Jesus and believed the Bible. I don't think that having the ability to be choosy and seemingly independent means that I should be so. But I am taking a break from that (now where's that seat belt?).

The reason that I can say that I am not completely helpless is:

You guessed it! Yesterday, I sewed my own button onto my own pants with my own needle and my own thread all by myself after I realized that the original thread was failing. I even used thread that matched the pants. My employer's wife informed me that I should have done it her way, and not just the way that I was instructed to do it by the internet, but it seems to be working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, guess who it is from kent,wa. That's right. I have your same name. So, I agree with you. I don't see a whole lot of purpose in denominations. In fact, I wish there were none. It destroys unity. Oh, and put some pictures up please.
Josh Peyton

Joshua said...

On the other hand, consider 1 Corinthians 11:19

"For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you."

NASB