Monday, September 03, 2007

Practicing

Do you like the way I manage to have so many pictures become parts of my Words blog? A number of people have told me that they like the pictures and that the words are just not interesting enough for them. Oh well. As I looked at the pictures from Adam's wedding, I realized that I had forgotten that I have a camera that can take halfway decent pictures when it is used outside during the daytime (local time of course), so I have been using it a bit more than I had been before that time.

I traveled to a portion of the eastern edge of the Pacific Ocean. I guess that a more orthodox way of saying that would be I traveled to a portion of the west coast of Washington State. I was hoping (unrealistically) to meet someone there, but I ran out of energy with which to look for him when I arrived there hungry (my own fault) and then rain began to fall with intensity that seemed to be ever increasing (nothing that I could have done about that). Seeing the ocean was nice, but it involved a lot of driving. I began to think of all sorts of things that I could have done instead, but the activity did beat sitting at home with my own degenerative thoughts. I need to find a place that is very conducive to spiritual discipline other than my own home when it is in good order. Have you any ideas?

as I was driving along, I remembered a portion of a book that I had previously (as opposed to futuristically) which indicated that anytime that men are on road trips with women and they are driving, they need to stop every half hour. So just to practice (just in case I ever find myself driving in such a situation) I decided to stop twice -- once on my way to said ocean, and once on my way back home from said ocean. I took pictures of the location of my second stop because it was kind of interesting. The body of water pictured in said pictures is called Lake Crescent.

This is an image of the Illuminate 2 which has yet to fail me.

1 comment:

Patso8 said...

Adam Carolla, a self-described atheist, has this problem with Theism; he doesn't believe anyone believes in a God or else their actions would show restraint even when no one was looking because they know an all-seeing God was witness to their actions. A point I don't agree with completely because of just such requests as yours, the fact of the matter is in a perfect world all places would be conducive to good spiritual discipline because there is no where you can escape the presence of the Lord, however I know from past experience that having at least one person to whom you are accountable is helpful in making all places so conducive. Does this mean you and I don't believe in God? I don't think so, I just think the idea of God is complex enough to cause u s to behave illogically.