Monday, July 16, 2007

Curbing your disappointment

On Saturday night, worship pastor Patso informed me that the rate at which I have been posting updates to this blog has been disappointing of late. Having disappointed leadership is not good, so I am typing this to offset that disappointment in a desirable direction.

Unfortunately, I do not seem to have sufficient imagination or inclination to type a real post or to finish any of those posts which are in my drafts folder, so I am left with referring you to something that you have never seen before (most likely).

I am referring you to blog writings that were written by the wife of my good friend Brandon. Brandon and his wife are more liberal than I am, but we are still friends because they seem to love Jesus.

Loving Jesus is one of the subjects of the writing to which I am about to refer you. The lady typed about a song called, My Jesus, I love Thee. The song has a chorus and this chorus ends with the words, If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, tis now. I have wondered a number of times, "What makes the vocalists think that they love Jesus any more during the last chorus than during the first chorus? Is it just the singing of the song? Perhaps we should get the whole world to sing this song so that everyone will have some love for Jesus." Brandon's wife wrote better and more interesting things about this song than these. You may read them by clicking here.

This lady also wrote a bit about patriotism while I was in church this week. You may read it by clicking here.

Oh yes, this same lady also wrote the gag tract which I posted earlier.

2 comments:

Patso8 said...

Your stuff is much better, and I was only kidding about being disappointed; it was more of a depression sprinkled with irrational anger.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit. I was kind of disapointed on the length of time it took you to post your 3rd of July blog.