Saturday, June 17, 2006

What I did last night.

This posting is for my boss's wife because I was told yesterday that she thought that I wouldn't even chop up vegetables. I imagine that she thought so because I eat a raw but baked potato for lunch and I just smile and nod when people suggest that I take the trouble to take care of myself.

I was lying around yesterday after work because I was tired. It is probable that I was tired because I hadn't eaten enough. I started thinking about Proverbs 14:17 which says that

Where no oxen are, the manger is clean, But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox (NASB).

And I also thought about how husbands are supposed to love their wives as their own bodies, and it occurred to me (as it has before) that no woman in her right mind is going to think that I will be diligent enough to love her and to take care of her while I am too lazy to take care of my own body. It reminds me of the assertion that Francis Schaeffer made in his dinky little book called The Mark of the Christian. It is about how Jesus gives the world the right to determine whether He was sent by His Father based on whether believers love each other.

So I got up and off of my bed and figured out what I wanted and wrote it down and walked down the road to the Red Apple store. I walked in and looked at the produce and held my list in front of me. This one guy there commented that he liked my list. I am pretty sure that he thought that I had been sent by my mother. I felt kind of bad about how many plastic bags I had to use to carry all the different vegetables seperately. When I got the front, the checkout lady called me hon. I think that she also thought that my mother had sent me to the store for her. It probably doesn't help that I appear to be about six years younger than I really am.

So I went home and built a stir fry and ate it and I have been living happily ever since. I guess it just goes to show that if you want something to get done, there are but three ways to make it happen (or so Tom Rief told me):

  1. Do it yourself
  2. Pay someone else to do it
  3. Tell someone that it can't be done or that they can't do it

Since I was told that my boss's wife said that I wouldn't do something, I went out and did it. I should probably do it again soon.

Let me just tell you that you are unable or unwilling to leave comments and converse about my problems because you know that you have your own. Now maybe I'll get more feedback (uh-huh).

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

rod and jean said...

Good job, Joshua! I like the photo, and your logic, and your application. It looks tasty, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey vegetable boy,
how is your stir fry going?
Answer your phone!
(I am Joshua 2) by the way

CGeneC said...

I vote for #3....

tell someone they can't do it. That is the way I roll.

Patso8 said...

Husbands are supposed to love their wives as Christ loved the church your supposed to love your neighbors as much as yourself, which by the by your neighbors would be very lucky if they were to have some of your stir-fry....its quite good

Patso8 said...

later in Eph. 5:28 Paul goes on to say exactly what you said he said.........I guess I should've read on before opening my ginormous cake hole....sorry Joshua......text-context=pretext

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is ha ha to the building a stir fry... funny stuff. Good job loving yourself... seems like an odd thing to me as I am overfilled with self love... esp the food part. Peace out...